1. 首頁
  2. 鹽水導遊
  3. 老街古蹟
  4. ★㊔ 武廟―蜂炮發源地
遊客注意:月津港治水計畫施工中,月津港環狀河道整治中,月津港港尾自行車與人行步道道封閉整治中,預定於2020年12月底全面施工完畢,遊客不便之處敬請見諒……

鹽水老街古蹟 - 武廟

武廟  【350年以上歷史】
Wu Temple

4c03c854c300bf1e32b330f3f5028561.jpg
鹽水武廟景點(Trip bds)

88ba45c2dfd63f0fd41b8cb3d222f3a0.jpg
月港武廟

  

The temple is also named "Guandi Temple," and was first established in the Yongli Reign Period. In the fourth year of the Jiaqing Reign Period (1799), Lin Wun Jyun of Lugang came to Tainan (which was then the capital town of Taiwan) for a legal case. When he was released, he felt greatly thankful for Lord Guandi's (Guangong) blessings and provided capital to refurbish the temple, laying the foundation for the temple's scale today.
The custom of lighting beehive firecrackers is said to be deeply linked with the Wu Temple. Legend has it that a plague once occurred in the Yanshui area during the Guangxu Reign Period and the staggering number of people dying every day caused great panic among the residents. Not knowing what to do with the disease, they had no alternative but to ask gods and Buddha for a solution. Lord Guandi had always been very efficacious in the local area, so they prayed to him for safety. Lord Guandi answered to their plea just as expected. He ordered the residents to carry sedan chairs on the evening of the Lantern Festival with Jhou Cang He at the front of the parade team and his statue at the very back and firecrackers lit along the way through every street and lane along the border the Yanshui area until dawn. After the night of Lantern Festival, the Yanshui area became safe and the local people decided to make the firecracker parade an annual custom to remember with gratitude the blessings from Lord Guandi. The custom continued to develop and became the current beehive event on the 14th and 15th day of the first month in the Lunar Calendar every year. Today, the event is hosted by the Wu Temple and considered an annual grand occasion of folk art in the Yanshui area, leaving glorious records on the history of Yanshui.
For the past one hundred years, the local residents have had the belief that the more firecrackers one is bombed with, the luckier he or she is in the coming new year. So remember to wear a helmet, mask, and transparent eye pads. Raincoats and plastic boots also come as part of the standard garments for the event. Arrive at the Yanshui Wu Temple well ahead of time, and be ready to enjoy this one-of-a-kind beehive carnival.
Source:Tourism Bureau, Republic of China (Taiwan).

 


76680ce8b28d4bc25f2540a2b94828e1.jpg
武廟主祀關聖帝君(攝影鹽水風情畫)

ec0b56196160771c8d9ee1712d4e3ce1.jpg

歷史典故


鹽水武廟主祀文衡聖帝,據〈鹽水武廟廟誌歷史典故記要〉之記載,其源起乃明末時麻豆有一信女,敬奉一幅關聖帝君畫像,某日,颳起狂風,將放置屋外曝晒的聖像往東北方向捲走,該信女隨即僱人追蹤,至鹽水港新街(即現今武廟路)始知聖像被風吹掛在新街尾端大榕樹上,於是飛奔趕回麻豆向僱主稟告,一同至鹽水港處理,奇怪的是:當這位信女請人爬上大榕樹摘取聖像時,竟無法請回。圍觀人群中有位長老說:「是否關聖帝君要移駕本街接受善信奉拜?」經點香求問擲筊,證實關聖帝君欲移駕鹽水港,當地人士與該信女遂集資搭建臨時廟宇供奉,而成為鹽水武廟之肇始。


83fa7814638ffec8a521bfc98d9110a3.jpg
關聖帝君(攝影鹽水風情畫)

主祀神明關聖帝君
創立起始年1668
創立年代 (台灣寺廟概覽)康熙末年

清朝時期
清康熙7年(1668),鄭成功部將何積善、范文章、參謀陳永華次男陳漢光及台澎兵備道梁文科等,但見鹽水港新街祀奉關聖帝君聖像簡陋的小廟,莊嚴十足,乃倡議擴大興建,以供更多善信四時膜拜。廟成,聖威大顯,凡百姓所求,都應驗如響,從此香火鼎盛,信徒大增。

文藝廣告 - 神韻2020世界巡演
dfec1901ecdd8b3a62db47f9951e3835.jpg

 

乾隆年間,里民曾修建一次。

嘉慶8年(1803),奉政大夫林元品獨自捐資,擴大規模重新改建,並建後殿佛祖廳,奠定武廟日後之廟規。

道光8年(1828)董事李怡成、曾長源、陳學古等發起募金集資,加以修繕。

光緒元年(1875) 因廟宇受風雨侵蝕,破損不堪,再度整修廟貌。


日治時期

日治大正6年(1917),翁應賢倡首募金,再予重修廟宇。

564bc167937786649240fd571ba50a41.jpg

周倉牽馬雕像古物


臺灣光復後
民國34年(1945),李春波、翁應賢兩人見武廟廟貌寒傖荒涼,乃於民國35年(1946)倡議境民協同捐修。

民國60年(1971),時任武廟里里長兼武廟管理人李春波及地方人士再度鳩資整修,並購置廟地,增建廟後花園,於民國61年(1972)竣工。

民國72年(1983),後殿之玉蓮寺,因年久失修而斑駁不堪,全體委員遂決議拆除改建。

武廟為鹽水地區的公廟,亦為鹽水郊商舖戶所奉的信仰中心。尤以每年關帝爺遶境與元宵夜蜂炮活動,成為地方的年度盛事。

資料來源: 
1.康熙7年 ( 1668 )(文史工作者田野調查,2011年5月)
2.康熙末年(林衡道,《台灣寺廟概覽》,台灣省文獻會,1978)
3.文化資源地理資訊系統

 

鹽水文物陳列室

3216253c952170d3a5dd90253db68238.jpg

鹽水文物陳列室

文物陳列館


鹽水鎮文物陳列館 鹽水武廟文物館位於武廟旁,供民眾免費參觀。鹽水武廟文物館共有三層樓,一樓介紹鹽水蜂炮的歷史及來由,讓民眾了解蜂炮的悠久意義;二樓設有關公文化展,介紹關公的生平事蹟以及立有各種的關公雕塑作品,相當具有藝術氣息;三樓為五光十色展覽,擺設陳列著先民所遺留下來的各種生活用品和農具,讓您感受先民們早期生活的困苦與艱辛。

c0bfb568b13dc9bbf13f041301178e37.jpg
武廟文物館

5b6091946f4403b97b5c3cbd262cd67e.jpg
過年期間武廟常推出一系列節慶活動



以上資料來源武廟、文化資源地理資訊系統、台灣寺廟網彙編而成。